Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The justification for the ingestion of gelato

Gelato: is it just a dessert or is it more? Does it only come in cone or cup, or is it a staple to a well-balanced diet? Should gelato appear on the USDA food pyramid? I say yes. Its smooth creaminess is more than just a snack. Gelato, or the Italian’s version of ice cream is made of cream, panne, sugar, egg and flavors. To be super healthy try the melon or pistachio. For dessert chocolate or coconut, or both combined. To get a healthy dose of fruit try strawberry, cherry or raspberry. For a little danger, taste the blue flavor (don’t ask, I don’t know). If you have ever heard the saying, “A gelato a day keeps the doctor away,” you are well on your way to understanding why this smooth creaminess deserves its place in the pyramid. Fruit, cream, nuts and more, osteoporosis just you run and hide. Show me an Italian woman with a hunch back and I will eat my words, or just a double scoop of stracciotelli per favore.


For the best gelato in Caorle, try Mister Gelato in the historic center. I know, I know, the song is named after the store, not the other way around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment