Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Hot-Looking Italian Goose


On why Italian geese are so attractive…


Just look at the photo and you will see. Why are Italian geese so much more attractive? Maybe because, being from the U.S, they are a novelty. Italian geese don’t leave messes at my door, or keep me awake during migration. I get to see them, take a photograph and continue along the way. Everything is new and fresh in a different country. But would it all get old after a while? I don’t know, I think I would like to find out. Usually when I am on vacation I start longing for home after a certain period of time. While I long for friends, family and furry critters, I am also feeling an impending sense of loss when I step on the plane to go home. The other day I grabbed a flyer for the area apartment rentals. Why, because I feel as if I am starting to form a bound with this place, this country, the people, the water, the land. And everything is attractive, eve the pigeons, the homeless man who sleeps on the beach, and the graffiti (although sad). What does all this mean? Just that I simply like the goose, the goose we all thought was a cat for a brief moment in time. And maybe that says it all, the cat, the land could just be a creature that leaves at some point. I just don’t think that point will come anytime soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment